- Sabudana khichdi is one of the most popular fasting dish that is made with sabudana pearls, boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts and a few spices. It is usually made during Hindu fasting days like Navratri or Mahashivratri or Ekadashi.
- Sago is a complete form of starch and is a pure form of carbs. However, it has a very low quantity of protein, fat, and fiber and lacks many vitamins and minerals
- Around 100 grams of sago contains as good as 332 calories.What makes it healthy if it’s gluten-free composition and is naturally a great source of light carbs. This is the reason this natural grain has always been a part of our religious fasts.
- Studies suggest having sabudana before your workout routine may also help to improve your performance. It is a great source of carb and provides you with instant energy.
- Research suggests that having carb-rich foods before a workout may help improve performance on the field, while after the workout it may help to speed up the recovery.
- Pregnant women can also include sabudana in their diet as it helps in the healthy growth of the unborn child. The food rich in vitamin B6 and folate can support the growth and the development of the foetus. It also prevents neural tube defects in infants.
- Sabudana The popular Indian fasting food product is also a rich source of resistant starch, which can help to improve digestive health.
- The resistant starch is passed undigested from the stomach after which it reaches the colon and helps to promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria. It helps to bulk up the stool and prevent the problem of constipation.
Sabudana also known as Sago, saksak, rabia and sagu in various parts of the world is an edible starch extracted from the pith or the spongy centre of the tropical palm trees. Since ages, it has been a staple for people staying in the Tropical regions. Of late, sago has been a fad among fitness enthusiasts for its amazing health benefits. In fact, it is enjoyed in various ways all around the world. Some prepare it as porridge, Khichdi, pancakes, rolls and fries. However, commercially sago is sold in the form of pearls, which makes it easy to cook. In fact, the extraction of sago pearl is a little different from the original sago starch, the pearls are extracted from cassava starch, which comes from the root of the tropical palm trees.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no inquiries yet.